Core JAVA in Practice: From Novice to Expert [20hrs]
Learn with hands-on examples
Course in Brief:
Java SE 15 (Any Platform) and Eclipse IDE 2020-06, (Windows OS),
JDK, JRE, JVM,
Programming fundamentals with Java, Basic tokens, Standard I/O, Control Structures, Arrays, Strings, OOPs and Data Structures concept, Exception Handling, Local File Handling, GUI programming, Database Connectivity with Oracle and MySQL.
Prerequisites for this course:
No prior programming knowledge,
Basic Computer H/W and S/W Knowledge,
Desire to learn.
Learners’ must have a system with any 64-bit OS (preferably Windows 10 OS)
- JAVA installation and Setting up the environment with Eclipse IDE
- Writing your first Java Program
- Structure of a Java Program
- Basic Tokens (Data Types, Literals / Identifiers, Expressions and Operators)
- Standard I/O operations
- print() / println() / printf() methods
- Command line Arguments
- Scanner class
- Wrapper classes
- Control Structures (with hands-on exercises)
- if, if-else
- do-while, while, for
- break' & continue
- Arrays & Strings
- Single and Multi-dimensional Arrays
- Operations like Indexing, Slicing, Comparing, Searching
- Exception Handling
- Exceptions & Errors
- Types of Exception
- Checked and Un-Checked Exceptions
- Use of try and catch block
- Control Flow in Exceptions
- Stream file Input/output Operation
- Streams, File class and its methods.
- Creating and working with files
- Classes for Input and Output: FileOutputStream & FileInputStream, FileWriter & FileReader, InputStreamReader, PrintStream, PrintWriter
- Class & Objects
- Access Specifiers
- Data Encapsulation
- Abstract class & Interface
- Package & Archive
- Organizing Classes and Interfaces in Packages.
- Defining Package & Sub-Package
- CLASSPATH Setting for Packages.
- Making JAR Files for Library
- Creating jar executable file.
- Thread and Multithreading
- Creating Thread, Thread Life-Cycle, Thread Priorities
- Daemon thread
- Performing multiple job by multiple Thread.
- Runnable class.
- Synchronizing Threads, method, block
- Inter Communication of Threads
- Producer & Consumer problem
- GUI and Designing User Interfaces
- Components and Containers
- Layout Managers and userdefined layout.
- AWT Components
- Adding a Menu to Window
- Extending GUI Features Using SWING Components
- Advanced swing components like JProgressbar , JSlider, JRadioButton , JTree, JTable, JToggleButton, etc.
- Event- Handling Process with AWT and SWING
- Event Classes and its methods.
- Working with Listeners
- Data Structure by Collections
- Stack, Queue & Deque
- ArrayList & Vector
- LinkedList and operations
- Use of HashSet & TreeSet Sets
- Understanding Hashing
- Use of HashMap & TreeMap
- Database Programming using JDBC
- Introduction to JDBC
- Steps to connect to the database
- JDBC Drivers & Architecture
- Types of JDBC Drivers.
- Connectivity with Oracle & MySQL